Due to a Freedom of Information Act Request, the State released a list of all the applicants for the State’s Conditional Adult Use Retail Dispensary (CAURD) program. Fifty-two applicants preferred Western New York as their most desirable region.
With licensing initially delayed in the region due to a Federal injunction, 14 businesses have already been awarded dispensary licenses by the State.
CAURD License Recipients in WNY
- Aaron Van Camp- Owned by Aaron Van Camp in Buffalo
- AMSM LLC- Owned by Gina Miller and Glen Miller in West Seneca
- Flower City Shop LLC-Jamie Donato-Rivera and Phetnakhone Duangtavilay of Rochester
- Premier Earth Corp.- Owned by Joseph Wojciechowski in Buffalo
- Empire State Gallery Holdings, LLC out of Brooklyn
- Nickel City Green, LLC out of Buffalo Joel Giambra and Darcell Thomas
- OCC WNY Ventures from West Valley in Catt. Co.
- EK Green LLC from the Buffalo-area
- Canary Cannabis Co. LLC out of Rochester
- ERIETREEHOUSE CORPORATION out of Syracuse
- Devil's Lettuce LLC from Tonawanda
- Coronado LLC. out of Buffalo
- New York Finest Luxury Car & Limousince Service LLC from Yonkers
- Bradley | Kyler DBA Herbal I.Q.
In May, the Buffalo News revealed that Nickel City Green was partly owed by former Buffalo city comptroller and Erie County executive Joel Giambra. Giambra partnered with a Justice involved friend, Darcell Thomas, who he met working on construction projects. Thomas owns a successful contracting business.
Below are the remaining Caurd applicants that list WNY as their preferred region.
Remaining Field of CAURD Applicants in WNY
Emin Egriu is a local Buffalo businessman and former Democratic congressional candidate, Egriu announced his candidacy for Council in the Ellicott District of Buffalo in April of this year.
Special thanks to Jeff Hoffman for sharing the full list on LinkedIn!